Friday 1 May 2020

Exercises-Correction


Reported Speech:
1. “He works in a bank” She said 
She said that he worked in a bank.
2. “We went out last night” She told me 
She told me that they had gone out the night before.
3. “I’m coming!” She said 
She said that she was coming.
4. “I was waiting for the bus when he arrived” She told me 
She told me that she had been waiting for the bus when he arrived.
5. “He hasn’t eaten breakfast” She told me 
She told me that he had not eaten breakfast.
6. “I can help you tomorrow” She said 
She said that she could help me the next day.
7. “I won’t see you tomorrow” She said 
She said that she would not see me the next day. 
8. “She’s living in Paris for a few months” She said 
She said that she was living in Paris a few months.
9. “I visited my parents at the weekend” She told me 
She told me that she had visited her parents at the weekend.
10. “She hasn’t eaten sushi before” She said 
She said that she had not eaten sushi before.
Rewrite the following sentences with the words given:
  1. Take these pills three times a day and you’ll soon feel better.
If you take these pills three times a day you’ll soon feel better.
  1. I couldn’t meet him because he had moved.
If he hadn’t moved I would’ve been able to meet him.
  1.  I can’t live in the country because I can’t find a job there.
If I could find a job in the country, I would live there.
  1.  Tell me your address. I might need it.
Tell me your address in case I need it.
  1.  Unless you study hard you won’t pass your exams.
If you don’t study hard, you will fail your exams.
  1.  Visiting Israel won’t be possible without a visa.
Unless you have a visa, you won’t be able to visit Israel.
  1.  I didn’t pass because I didn’t study.
If I had studied, I would’ve passed.
  1.  Sally won’t go to Nebraska because she doesn’t have enough money.
Provided that Sally saves enough money she will go to Nebraska.
  1.  Buy some aspirins. You might need them during your journey.
Buy some aspirins in case you need them during your journey.
  1.  They didn’t go to England because they didn’t book a room on time.
Supposing they had booked a room on time, they would’ve gone to England.



No comments:

Post a Comment