Sunday 24 May 2020

2ESO-Week10. Revision PAST TENSES


Simple Past vs. Present Perfect Practice

Simple PastPresent Perfect
Specified time in pastUnspecified time in past
I visited Japan last year.I have visited Japan.
Finished ActionUnfinished Action
I went shopping twice last month.I have gone shopping twice this month
Finished Action + forUnfinished Action + for
He lived in Paris for two years.He has lived in London for one year.
*He is no longer in Paris.*He is still in London
Keywords: recently, since, just

1.- Fill in the blanks using the Simple Past (i.e. When did you wake up today?) or the Present Perfect (i.e. Have you gone skydiving?).
1. What  for dinner last night? (eat/you)

2.  South Africa? (visit/Mary)

3.  to work by subway this morning? (come/you)

4. What  last weekend? (do/he)

5. You work for the bank, right? How long  there? (work/you)

6. How long  in your current apartment/house? (live/you)

7. How often  swimming when you were a child? (go/you)

8. How many cups of coffee  yesterday? (drink/I)

9.  raw fish? (eat/they)

10. Where  when you were a student? (live/you)

1. What did you eat for dinner last night? (eat/you)


2. Has Mary visited South Africa? (visit/Mary)


3. Have you come to work by subway this morning? (come/you)


4. What did he do last weekend? (do/he)


5. You work for the bank, right? How long have you worked  there? (work/you)


6. How long have you lived in your current apartment/house? (live/you)


7. How often did you go  swimming when you were a child? (go/you)


8. How many cups of coffee did I drink  yesterday? (drink/I)


9. Have they eaten raw fish? (eat/they)


10. Where did you live  when you were a student? (live/you)



2.- Choose the correct option and then copy and paste in a word document to send to your teacher before Fri 29th May

  1. Peter  football yesterday.
  2. They  the car. It looks new again.
  3. Last year we  to Italy.
  4. John and Peggy  the book. Now they can watch the film.
  5. I  my friend two days ago.
  6. We  another country before.
  7. She  a new car in 2011.
  8. I'm sorry, but I  my homework.
  9.  the game of chess?
  10. The girls  their lunch yet.
Peter played football yesterday.
They have cleaned the car. It looks new again.
Last year we went to Italy.
John and Peggy have just read the book. Now they can watch the film.
I met my friend two days ago.
We have never visited another country before.
She bought a new car in 2011.
I'm sorry, but I have forgotten my homework.
Did you win the game of chess?
The girls have not eaten their lunch yet.

3.- Complete the activities and get a screenshot at the end to capture the result. Then, copy and paste in the word document to send it to your teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment