Tuesday, 29 September 2026

U2 50 anniversary- Listening

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cm9w4042yklko
Exactly 50 years after they formed, U2 returned to Dublin to play a gig at the school where they met.
"We've escaped from the lab," declared Bono, as the quartet took to a stage in the playground. "How's the experiment working for you?"
The pupils of Mount Temple Comprehensive may not have been born when U2 were the world’s biggest band, but they gave them a hero's welcome, waving signs that said, "I love U2", "It's a beautiful day - no school", and, "Bono, my mum says hi!"
The group treated them to a career-spanning set that included hits like I Will Follow, Vertigo and With Or Without You, as well as their latest single, Silencio.
As they played, teachers pulled down pupils who’d climbed on their classmates' shoulders, before getting swept up in the moment and dancing along themselves.
As he looked out from the same stage where U2 made their debut in 1976, Bono became emotional.
"Thanks for, er… Yeah... I didn't… Wow," said the frontman, temporarily lost for words.
U2 on stage at their former school
U2 were all pupils at Mount Temple Comprehensive School in the mid-1970s
https://en.islcollective.com/english-esl-powerpoints/reading-comprehension/general-reading-comprehension/celebrities-famous-people/u2-ppt/37405
Is it getting better?Or do you feel the _________?Will it make it easier on you now?You got someone to___________
You say, one love, one lifeWhen it's one need in the nightOne love, we get to share itLeaves you baby if you ___________ for it
Did I disappoint you?Or leave a bad taste in __________?You act like you never had loveAnd you want me to ____________
Well it's too late tonightTo drag the past out into the lightWe're one but we're not the sameWe get to carry each other, carry each otherOne!
Have you come here for ____________?Have you come to raise the _____________?Have you come here to play Jesus?To the lepers in your _______________
Did I ask too much? More than a lotYou gave me nothin' now it's all I gotWe're one but we're not the sameWell we hurt each other then we do it again
You say love is a __________, love a higher __________Love is a _________, love the higher ____________You ask me to __________ but then you make me ____________And I can't be holdin' on to what you gotWhen all you got is ______________
One love, one bloodOne life, you got to do what you shouldOne life, with each otherSisters, brothers
One life but we're not the sameWe get to carry each other, carry each otherOneOne


No comments:

Post a Comment