Sunday 29 March 2020

2nd ESO- Transportation

Copy the exercise/sentences and complete them in a word document to be sent to your teacher before FRI, 3rd April. Copia los ejercicios en un documento word y envíalo antes del viernes 3 abril por correo al profesor (guarda el documento con tu nombre-grupo)

Act1. Vocabulary:Questions: What place would you most like to visit in the world? Why? Complete the 15 sentences

  1. It’s usually a great idea to travel with a good ________________ so you don’t get lost. 
  2. The Great Pyramids of Egypt and the Eiffel Tower in Paris are very famous ________________s. 
  3. I always buy lots of ________________s when I travel because I like to remember the places I’ve travelled to. 
  4. What time does our flight leave, or ________________? 
  5. When will you get there, or ________________? 
  6. Where can I buy a train ________________? 
  7. Last month, when I was in Vienna, I sent my grandmother a ________________ of the city.
  8. Our flight leaves from Gate 43, but I don’t know where Gate 43 is. Let’s ask at the ________________. 
  9. My family and I are flying to Taiwan tomorrow, so we need to go to the ________________ airport.
  10. Millions of ________________s visit the Great Wall of China every year. 
  11. The way my face looks changes as I get older, so I need to get a new ________________ every ten years. 
  12. Don’t forget to bring everything you need in your ________________. We’ll be travelling for two weeks. 
  13. Should we travel with a tour group and take our cameras when we ________________ around the country?
  14. Did you enjoy your ________________ to Dubai? 
  15. After we arrive in Berlin, we’ll check in at a nice ________________ and get some rest.
Act.2. WRITING PRACTICE – Opinion Paragraph  Complete the text with the words in red
Some people think it’s a good idea to travel on holiday. Other people think it’s better to stay at home. What do you think?
believe     However      example      Finally     reasons     better     flew     paragraph     friends     bored     opinion    made

Some people think it’s a good idea to travel on holiday but other people think it’s (1) __________ to stay at home. I (2) __________ that it’s better to travel on holiday. In this (3) __________ I will give you three excellent reasons for my (4) __________. First of all, you can’t learn many things when you just stay at home. For (5) __________, last year I (6) __________ to Iceland on holiday and I learned many things about Icelandic culture. Secondly, you might not make many new (7) __________ if you stay at home all the time. (8) __________, you will probably meet lots of new people when you travel. Last year, for example, I (9) __________ three new friends while I was in Iceland. (10) __________, when you stay at home on holiday, you will probably feel very (11) __________. It’s just not fun! On the other hand, travel is exciting! You never know what you will see or who you will meet! For all these (12) __________, I think it’s better to travel on holiday. What do you think?

Act.3. Fill in the crosswords with the vocabulary about transportation and travelling.

Picture
Picture
Just write the answers like this:
ACROSS: 1-Schoolbus, 6-
DOWN: 2-Bicycle, 3-

No comments:

Post a Comment