Thursday 17 October 2019

Expressing opinions.



PHRASES FOR EXPRESSING OPINIONS 
I think…. I believe…. I feel…. I suppose…. I guess…. According to me…. In my view…. In my opinion…. In my eyes…. It seems to me that…. From my perspective…. From my point of view…. From my view point…. As far as I’m concerned…. Personally, I think…. I’d like to point out that…. What I mean is…. Generally it is thought that…. Some people say that…. Well, it is considered that…. It is generally accepted that…. My impression is that…. It goes without saying that…. I hold the view that…. I’m of the opinion that…. 

 PHRASES FOR EXPRESSING AGREEMENT 
I agree…. I totally agree…. Definitely…. I couldn’t agree more…. Absolutely…. Precisely…. I see your point…. I see what you are getting at…. I’d go along with that view to a point… Sure, that’s one way of looking at it…. I have to side with you on this one…. I suppose so…. I think so too…. I’d go along with that…. That’s a good point…. I see exactly what you mean…. You’re right, that’s a good point…. Actually, I think you’re right…. That’s true…. Well, I agree with you here…. You have my full agreement…. I second that…. Ok, that’s convincing…. I take your word on it…. You took the words right out of my mouth…

 PHRASES FOR EXPRESSING DISAGREEMENT 
I see your point, but…. I see what you are getting at, but…. That’s one way of looking at it, however…. I completely disagree…. Well, I see things rather differently…. Umm, I’m not sure about that…. I’m not sure I go along with that view…. I don’t really agree with that idea…. I agree up to a point, but…. You could say that, however…. I wouldn’t quite put it that way myself…. I still have my doubts…. I can’t/ couldn’t go along with that…. That’s out of question…. You’ve got to be kidding…. Well, I don’t quite agree with you…. I find that very difficult to accept…. We don’t seem to agree here…. Not necessarily…. That’s not always true…. There is no way I could agree with that…. I don’t think so…. No, I’m not sure about that because…. I’m afraid, I disagree…. We don’t seem to be in complete agreement….



No comments:

Post a Comment