Tuesday 24 February 2015

Conditionals practice

Please choose the correct, most natural-sounding response to complete each of the following sentences:

1. If I ________ you, I would apologize to her right away. (to be)
  was
  were
  have been

2. If I run into her, I ________ her that you're looking for her. (to tell)
  would tell
  tell
  will tell

3. If you ________ that again, I will call the police. (to do)
  to do
  do
  will do

4. He would never have asked her out on a date if she ________ him first. (to kiss)
  hadn't kissed
  didn't kiss
  will not kiss


5. If you were her, what ________? (to do)
  would you do
  did you do
  do you do

6. If she hadn't gone to England, she ________ Orlando Bloom. (to meet)
  would not meet
  did not meet
  would not have met

7. If it doesn't start snowing, we ________ this evening. (to go skiing)
  won't go skiing
  wouldn't go skiing
  don't go skiing

8. If you had saved some money earlier, you ________ broke right now. (to be)
  would not have been
  will not be
  are not

9. If I ________ at the airport so late, I would not have missed my flight. (to arrive)
  didn't arrive
  hadn't arrived
  would not arrive

10. If you buy one t-shirt, you ________ the second one free.
  will have gotten
  would get
  get

CHECK ANSWERS (Your answers will be displayed in a new window) 

Put the verbs in brackets in the correct tense (conditional 1):

  1. If I (finish)  early, I will call you.
  2. I (catch)  the 9:00 train if I hurry up .
  3. She will know the answer, if she (try)  to understand.

Put the verbs in brackets in the correct tense (conditional 2):

  1. If I (be)  a star, I would help the needy.
  2. He (buy)  a house if he had a job.
  3. She (be)  happy, if she married him .

Put the verbs in brackets in the correct tense (conditional 3):

  1. If he (be)  careful, he would not have had that terrible accident.
  2. I (pass)  the exam if I had worked hard .
  3. Her father would not have died, if he (go)  to the doctor.

Choose the correct answer:

  1. If I (wake up)  early, I’ll go jogging.
  2. He (visit)  his uncle, if he finishes early.
  3. If she had taken care of her son, he (not/become)  a criminal.
  4. If I were a star, I (help)  the poor.
  5. She would have been top of her class if she (work)  hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment